Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Peer Critique #1 - Kinsey Bowman

Kinsey Bowman

http://kinseybowman.com/wp/steps/week-6/

Usability and Function

Strengths:

It's pretty clear how to find what I'm looking for.  I love the menu bar right at the top of the page.  Easy to get to and find where I want to go.

Questions and Suggestions: 

The left-hand navigation was a little confusing when it would change as I clicked on the various images/rock formations to visit.  I had to go back and double check that I had already looked at each one as they shifted around.  Maybe you could keep it always the same?

Purpose

Strengths:

So far I feel like it will be very helpful for someone that wants to be familiar with capital reef.  It's great.  

Questions and Suggestions: 

Is this supposed to promote the book as well? How would you do that? Cross-reference the book? Just some thoughts.

Flow

Strengths:

Like I said, I love the menu.  I also like that there is an image for each of the pages so I know what I'll be looking at before I click in to it.

Questions and Suggestions: 

Did you want the links for contact info and directions to always go to another site or is that a place holder for now? Also, will you be adding links to the Other Sites to See section?

Aesthetic

Strengths:

The green is lovely and the pictures, like I said, help give me a feeling of what I'd see if I went there.  I like the font choice as well.  It's professional and lovely.

Questions and Suggestions: 

What can you do to add a little umph to your pictures?  I like the shadow layer under the text on this one:
It makes it look a little more like the image belongs there.

I also like that this image has clickable links right on top of the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment